Here is a list of ten people who died the unluckiest deaths:
1. In 1985, a New Orleans man drowned at a pool party attended by over a 100 lifeguards to celebrate a summer with no drownings. What an irony!
Back then, at least one person drowned every summer in New Orleans but by the summer of 1985 no one had drowned. This was a first, so at the end of July, the city?s lifeguards hosted a party at the New Orleans Recreation Department Center to celebrate a summer season with no drownings. Over 200 people attended the party, half of whom were lifeguards. When the party ended, four lifeguards who were cleaning the pool found the fully clothed body of 31-year-old Jerome Moody at the bottom of the pool?s deep end.
2. In 1982, a man in Arizona died while shooting a 26-f00t-high saguaro cactus to topple it over. A 500-pound arm of the cactus fell on him and crushed him to death.
David Grundman and James Joseph Suchochi went to the desert two miles north of Arizona?s Highway 74, west of Lake Pleasant. Grundman shot a small saguaro so many times that it fell down to the ground. Then he took on a 26-foot-high saguaro, estimated to be at least a hundred years old, but an arm of the cactus weighing 500 pounds fell on him, killing him.
3. In April 1991, 57-year-old Yooket Paen was walking in the farmyard in a rural area located 60 miles north of Bangkok, when she accidentally slipped on mud, grabbed a live wire and was electrocuted to death. That same day, her 52-year-old sister, Yooket Pan, was showing her neighbors how it happened and coincidentally, she also slipped in the mud, grabbed the same live wire and was also electrocuted death.
4. After a plane crash-landed in San Francisco, a 16-year-old girl survived only to be run over and killed by one of the rescue fire trucks.
This happened on July 6, 2013. Ye Mengyuan was traveling on Asiana Airlines Flight 214 with a group of 35 teachers and students from Jiangshan, China to California when their plane crash-landed and caught fire at San Francisco airport. Mengyuan was flung out of the plane and landed on the ground but she was still alive. As she lay there, she was hit by one of the aircraft rescue and firefighting vehicles. She died of multiple blunt injuries.
5. In 2013, a man in Seffner, Florida heard a scream and ran to his brother?s bedroom to find the entire room swallowed by a 30-foot-deep sinkhole along with the brother, Jeff Bush. Jeremy Bush, tried to save his brother by digging into the rubble but he did not succeed. When the police came, they had to pull Jeremy out because the floor was still collapsing. A rescue operation was carried out later but they were never able to recover Jeff’s body.
6. Ramon Artagaveytia of Uruguay was one of the passengers who survived when the ship he was travelling in burnt then sank on December 24, 1871. He suffered from PTSD as a result and would often wake in the middle of the night hearing screams of: ?Fire! Fire! Fire!? Even during the simplest of trips, he would stand on the deck wearing his lifebelt out of fear. 41 years later, he finally overcame his fears and nightmares then boarded the Titanic. He was one of the 1,500 people who died when the Titanic sank on April 15, 1912.
7. In December 2002, a man named Michael Wright, got into a fight with his bartender friend, Sean Doyle, because he thought he was hitting on his girlfriend. Wright threw Doyle down into an 18-foot-deep manhole as he was screaming, ?No, don?t break my legs!?. The tunnel had hot water and steam of over 300 degrees F which cooked him through while he was still alive, reaching up and screaming for help. By the time they pulled him out, his skin had peeled off and his internal organs were cooked through.
8. Three people died inside a flight simulator in a flight safety building at the Wichita?s Mid-Continent Airport, Kansas, when a real plane crashed into it. The pilot of the real plane, 53-year-old pilot, Mark Goldstein, was a retired air traffic controller who had been recognized for his safety efforts by the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. Three people who were in the flight simulator at that time were found dead along with the pilot whose body was found on the roof.
9. In 1989, a convicted murderer who avoided the electric chair died of electrocution on his toilet when he bit into the wire of his earphones while trying to connect it to his TV. 22-year-old Michael Anderson Godwin had been sentenced to death by electrocution but it was overturned on appeal and he was sentenced to life imprisonment at the Central Correctional Institution in South Carolina. Six years later, he was sitting on his toilet apparently trying to connect his earphones to his television set when he bit into the wire and was electrocuted to death.
10. A Brazilian man, 45-year-old Joao Maria de Souza, died when one night while sleeping alongside his wife when a cow believed to have escaped from a nearby farm, climbed a hill, and then onto his house, then fell through their corrugated roof and landed on top of him. At first, he only suffered a fractured leg and no other obvious injuries, but he later died of internal bleeding while still waiting to see the doctor.