Ready in just 45 minutes, our bite-sized buffalo chicken appetizers add some heat to game day.
Buffalo Chicken Mixture
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing, if desired
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 green onions, chopped (4 medium)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter, hot sauce, seasoned salt and pepper to make Buffalo sauce.
- In medium bowl, mix shredded chicken, Cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. Pour about half to three-fourths of the Buffalo sauce (reserving remaining for serving) into chicken mixture. Mix until combined.
- In medium bowl, stir together Batter ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter over chicken mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With knife, loosen sides of pies from pan and remove. Place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes longer, then transfer pies to serving tray.
- Top each with blue cheese, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro and a drizzle of reserved Buffalo sauce. Serve warm.