Many people gulp down water directly from plastic bottles. However, after reading this, you may reconsider and use a cup instead.
Below are reasons why you should not drink water from the bottle
Plastics are made to withstand a variety of temperatures — but at a cost. The hotter the bottle gets, the more potential there is to release chemicals known to cause diseases like cancer, especially if you use them over and over again.
2: Chemicals in the plastic may make having a baby more difficult
Those same chemicals in the plastic, like BPA, could make having a baby more difficult by affecting fertility. Researchers found that men and women undergoing in-vitro fertilization who had high levels of BPA in their blood, urine, and work environment were less likely to have a successful pregnancy. This is according to a 2013 review of 91 studies published in Reproductive Toxicology.
3:It could raise your risk of heart disease and other circulatory issues
Humans exposed to the highest levels of BPA have an increased risk of heart disease, according to a 2012 study published in Circulation. Researchers think this could be due to BPA’s link to high blood pressure.
4:Refilling plastic bottles may expose you to harmful bacteria
Both reusable and disposal plastic bottles break down from regular use over time, meaning that even teeny cracks can welcome in bacteria, according to an article published in journal Practical Gastroenterology. And while most bacteria is usually harmless, bottles can harbor norovirus-, cold-, and flu-causing bacteria. And while usually we’d advise you to wash with hot water and soap, that could cause the plastic to break down even more!
5:They’re awful for the environment (Duh!)
Many of the bottles are still ending up in the garbage even after they are recycled once. The solution? At home filters. Or bottles made of steel, aluminum or polycarbonate because as they say it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Culled from AOL.com