- The 25 hitmaker led the Lemonade artist to tears while accepting the Album Of The Year gong
- Adele said: ‘I can’t possibly accept this award… and I’m very grateful but the artist of my life is Beyonce’
- The London-native broke the trophy in half to reportedly split it with the wife of Jay Z
- Adele won five awards total including song and record of the year
- She also confirmed that she is married to longtime boyfriend and father of her child Simon Konecki
The Hello singer – who, along with the late David Bowie, was Sunday night’s biggest winner after picking up five accolades – was stunned to accept the gong for her record 25 as she expected Beyonce to take it home for her visual LP Lemonade, so damaged the trophy deliberately in order to share the honour with her idol.
There was not a dry eye in the house as the 28-year-old singer accepted the most coveted gong of the night.
It was there where Adele dedicated her big win to the 35-year-old singer as she praised the pregnant star for the ‘monumental’ Lemonade album.