Johnny Manziel’s latest attempt to get back into the NFL’s good graces is not off to an ideal start.
Hours after Manziel’s lawyer, Jim Darnell, told ESPN on Wednesday that his client’s “immediate plans are to start getting ready for football,” the hard-partying quarterback was spotted at his new home away from home, Los Angeles hotspot The Nice Guy, with a pretty brunette. As the 23-year-old and his bombshell date made their way to his Rolls-Royce parked nearby, he was served with legal papers.
TMZ suggests the papers could be from the $4.5 million rental Manziel and his posse reportedly trashed in April, but he also faces legal issues from last month’s car accident. (Manziel most seriously faces criminal charges of domestic violence in Texas.)
Despite the setback, Manziel kept the party going at the Hollywood lounge Warwick, telling TMZ that everything will get resolved.
“We’re just trying to have a good time, we’ll deal with that at a different time,” he said. “It’ll all work itself out, I promise you that.”
As Page Six reported, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback is accused of causing $32,000 worth of damage to the West Hollywood rental home following a wild party, leaving behind wine stains, cigarette burns on carpeting and suspicious white powder on a table.
A source close to Manziel also told ESPN the Heisman Trophy winner realizes a return in 2017 is more feasible than for the upcoming season.