DIY community, Hometalk is hiring a Social Editor aka Facebook Headline Maven. As a social headline editor, your primary goal is to help grow Hometalk’s audience by identifying appealing stories on Hometalk and writing awesome headlines for Facebook circulation.
Imagine being able to accomplish anything you want in your home & garden, regardless of your budget or skill level. With a fast-growing audience of over 18 million monthly readers, Hometalk, the largest DIY community on the web, enables and empowers you to do just that. By providing a platform for individuals to share ideas and exchange advice, we’re helping people live the life they want and deserve, one project at a time.
How can you help fulfill this vision? A single great headline has the power to draw hundred of thousands of new readers. We’re looking for someone to help drive maximum performance for every project we post. As a social headline editor, your primary goal is to help grow Hometalk’s audience by identifying appealing stories on Hometalk and writing awesome headlines for Facebook circulation.
- Identify stories and projects with viral potential on Hometalk and maintain an hourly publishing schedule on FB
- Write compelling and high-performing headlines designed to draw curiosity and interest to the project and drive traffic
- Meet traffic benchmarks through consistent innovation of headline tactics and publishing formats
- Assist in expanding Facebook footprint through new page launches, syndication partnerships,and Facebook Live
- Be highly in tune with Facebook’s ever-changing algorithm to remain ahead of the curve
- Work with defined KPIs and track performance
- You are an awesome headline writer. Period.
- You have sharp instincts and know what readers want to click on
- You thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth.
- Be part of our explosive growth and exciting future ahead!
- Gorgeous office in a friendly co-working space
- Chelsea/Flatiron location – great access to main subway lines
- Free lunch three times a week, fully stocked kitchen and wine cooler
- Chill zone (couches, playstation and Apple TVs, pool table)
- DIY Fridays!
Benefits package: health, holidays and PTO.
Kind and supportive team and a highly engaged user-base that’ll rock your world
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.