LoveShackFancy is a rapidly growing bohemian women’s line. The Assistant Designer will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of design and development.
LoveShackFancy is a rapidly growing bohemian women’s line specializing in hand-dyed lightweight cottons and romantic silks, opulent embroidery, intricate hand drawn prints and victorian inspired silhouettes. Each thoughtful collection is based on a foundation of luxe gypsy sensibility, inspired by vintage treasures with emphasis on feminine and effortless fit and form, creating the ultimate travel and lifestyle wardrobe.
We are currently looking to add a new team member to our growing team who will assist our Senior Designer. The Assistant Designer will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of design and development.
- Responsible for assisting in design, technical design and product development
- Assist in design process from beginning to end for all collections
- Prepare and update development tech packs in Excel
- Participate in all communication and follow up related to each style in the collection each season
- Complete flat sketches by hand and in Illustrator for domestic and overseas development
- Communicate daily with domestic and overseas factories
- Communicate with mills and suppliers to source new fabrics and trims each season
- Research current trends and inspiration each season
- Create mood and presentation boards by hand and on Photoshop
- Assist in print design and create embellishment layouts by hand, in Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Maintain and regularly update design boards and files (color standards, sketches and fabric detail)
- Assist at development and production fittings
- Assist Technical Designer with fit comments and specs
- Maintain an organized sample tracking system throughout development each season
- Responsible for creating (in InDesign), updating, printing and distributing linesheets each season
Our ideal candidate will have / be the following:
- A bachelors degree from a highly regarded apparel design program
- A strong understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Print design experience a big plus
- Experience with embellishment a big plus
- Both domestic and overseas product development experience a big plus
- Must be highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with Marketing, Production, and Technical Design departments
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong knowledge of fabric and trims
- Good communication and follow up skills a must
- Strong understanding of the brand aesthetic a must
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment. The position is full-time and includes benefits.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio toDominique@loveshackfancy.com.