COMME DES GARCONS AND DOVER STREET MARKET IS HIRING AN ASSISTANT PRESS MANAGER / PRESS MANAGER IN NEW YORK
International fashion company Comme des Garcons is seeking a highly organized, passionate and motivated individual to join its NY office. This is an excellent job for someone who values critical/independent thinking, and embraces Comme des Garçons’s unique approach to fashion and retail.
Job Title: Assistant Press Manager/Press Manager, Comme des Garcons USA and Dover Street Market New York
International fashion company Comme des Garcons is seeking a highly organized, passionate and motivated individual to join its NY office. The press department oversees all communications pertaining to Comme des Garçons North America and Dover Street Market New York.
This role is best suited to a candidate who values our philosophy, has a strong desire to push the boundaries of what a publicist can do and is excited by the opportunities that abound in communicating on behalf of one of the most directional fashion companies in the world.
Integration and exposure within both companies is extremely high.
The press department oversees all activities and outreach pertaining to our 18 collections (Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe, Noir Kei Ninomiya, Comme des Garcons SHIRT, PLAY, Gosha Rubchinskiy, Wallet, Parfum, etc…), special projects and launches, events, museum shows, liaising with our overseas offices and brand partners and Paris fashion week presentations. Dover Street Market is also in continual communication with all the emerging and established brands, artists and creatives that are housed within the shop.
This is an excellent job for someone who values critical/independent thinking, and embraces Comme des Garçons’s unique approach to fashion and retail.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- B.A/B.S or degree in a related field – Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications etc. If you have an unconventional background and would like to be considered, please let us know why.
- Experience: 2-4 years; an active and personal interest in our business, the Industry and publications is vital.
– Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Photoshop; experience in marketing as it pertains to the web is also a plus.
– Fashion Week experience preferred
- Thrives in a fast-paced small team environment and likes the challenge of tackling a multiplicity of projects at once.
- Strong relationships with key members of the press and their junior staff (print and online titles).
- Must be team player with willingness to provide clear directives, mentorship and training to junior staff, as well as strong support to senior management.
- Experience in planning, pitching and executing strategies in conjunction with senior staff. Successful track record placing products and stories in top tier media outlets.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; must be comfortable with deadline-driven tasks, multi-tasking and troubleshooting problem cases.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and ability to confidently interface and collaborate with key industry figures.
- Should enjoy working independently and be willing to contribute creative solutions/approaches to working.
- Comfortable liaising with international offices, both in-house and those of our partner brands.
- Manage and coordinate intern program.
Salary, Benefits and Other:
- Job type/duration: permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and ability to meet job requirements.
- Standard company benefits:
– Appointed candidate is subject to a three month probationary period after which they will become eligible to receive company benefits, inclusive of: Healthcare (Medical, Vision, Dental), 401K, clothing allowance.
Please submit a written application, with cover letter and resume to Daphne@cdgny.com.